Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF or TGFT thank god for turkey!

It's turkey weekend! I am still on the mend from my cold. It isn't as bad as it was, but I still feel whiney so I must still be sick.

I have been playing D&D 4th Edition with some buddies, and we had to start remaking our characters again. This is the third time since we stared playing the new edition. It's getting rather annoying to have to switch guys all the time. I have no idea what I am going to be. The last guy I had was pretty good at taking names and kicking arse.

I finished reading the World War Hulk saga, and now I am waiting for a torrent to download which has 12GB's worth of marvel comics in it. It's supposed to be every major event series starting with FF and Galactis.

It's fun to read all the comics, but its annoying because for some god awful reason they are all in a .cbr format which a comic book format file extension, and so you have to change it to a rar, and then open it up with some archiving software like bitzipper, or WinRar.
Then you have to extract each one into a folder. It doesn't seem that bad, but when you have dozens or hundreds of .cbrs to do this for, it gets annoying :(

Also, I don't know why they are zipped in the first place. Each one zipped only saves maybe 1% space! Maybe there is a .cbr reader that I could download that would make this easier, but I haven't bothered looking.

Oh ya, guess what, there might be some sweet games that I might actually be excited about playing coming out soon.

A Halo Real Time Strategy game. Looks pretty neat from what I can tell.

Dead Space, a horror game set in a future outer space setting. Fallout 3, a modern version of an old post apocalyptic game that I never knew existed, but I probably would have loved.


Supposedly StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 will be out sometime soon, but I can't say I'm terribly looking forward to them. Looks like the same games, but better background graphics and some new powers and options n'suff. Nothing super spectacular. Hopefully the game play will be the thing that makes them great, just as the previous versions.

Left 4 Dead, a Half life 2 zombie mod that seems like it has the potential to be pretty awesome.
Oh, and F.E.A.R 2 will be out next year, I can't wait to pee my pants again. That one was pretty darned freaky!!

Oh, and for some G-damn reason I cannot add images to my Blog from work!! What the hell!

1 comment:

Agent EE said...

maybe because you're supposed to be working at work?