Wednesday, October 22, 2008

my brains are safe, for now

CRAP!! I forgot and completely missed the 2008 zombie walk!
I usually don't participate, but I took my kid last year to see if he would be scared or how he would react to a mob of zombies walking towards him.

Zombie walk is a global phenomenon where people spontaneously organize (yes i know oxy moron), and wander around the city attempting to freak people out and eat there brains.

Last year, me and my son went down to 17th were their zombie walk route was supposed to take them, and grabbed some food as we waited. He almost missed them because he does get focused and distracted on things, but I happened to point out the zombies. He took a pause, didn't act scared, and said something like, "what are they doing?". I tried to play along and convince him that they were real zombies, but he wasn't buying it. Either way we had fun watching the crowd walk by, and even though he knew they weren't real, some of the scarier and gorier costumes did make him get a bit scared.

Hopefully I will remember for next year, and take him again to see if he will fall for it. After two years, maybe he would have forgotten. A word to the wise, it's never a bad time to try to permanently traumatize your children.

Links to zombie walk information and pics.
http://calgaryzombie.com/blog/2008/10/10/24-hours-later/
PICS
http://www.zombiewalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39

No comments: