Sunday, October 19, 2008

road trip

As some of you may or may not know, I have a 10 year old son whom I get every other weekend. I never no what to do with him, and getting him away from the computer or TV is like pulling teeth, so today my strategy was to not tell him where we were going, but make him come with me.

So we drove to the Sentry Box, which is a geek's utopia of card games, miniature battle games, role playing games, and they even have an awesome board game selection and anime selection. They also have events and tournements there, today in the upper section, they had at least 30 people playing various games.

It's basically a store where a geek could spend 2 hours in without spending a dime and just gawk at everything in there.



If I wasn't so cheap I'd have probably spent at least 200-300 dollars for sure :P
http://www.sentrybox.com/

I think he had a pretty good time, even though we didn't buy anything, it was cool looking at everything with him.

After that, we drove to a different Canadian Tire and found a fog machine. I bought two jugs of fog fluid, and tried it out at home. It works ok, but I think I need to buy a timer for it. Otherwise you have to sit there and press the on button every once and awhile :(

I should buy another one though, then I could have two going and really make a foggy Halloween night :)

I don't know what we are going to do tomorrow. Maybe take him to the bar and teach him how to drink. I think your liver is fully developed at 10 right?? hehehe

After we got back and were done playing with the fog machine, we watched a really crummy horror movie called "Buried Alive". It wasn't released in theaters and it wasn't even lame in a good way. My kiddo was scared, so he wanted me to put something not as scary on after, so we watched a nightmare before Christmas, which for some reason creeped me out a lot this time.


It was way creepier than the stupid lame horror movie he was scared of.

Maybe tomorrow we can go shopping for a cell phone. I was told surprisingly enough that Marlborough mall has a lot of good cell phone kiosks to check phones out at.

Oh yea, here is an awesome blog, if I were cool, this would be my blog for sure.
http://blameitonthevoices.blogspot.com/

No comments: