Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Vancover 2010 here i come

I played 2 and a half hours of hardcore badminton, basketball and ping pong last night, I am not sure if any of those are winter sports in the upcoming winter Olympics, but g-dammit they should be so I could compete!!!

I felt great afterwards, tired but great. I hope to keep this fitness streak up so that I can fit into my bikini for my trip to Cuba in March.
Oh crap, do you need a passport to travel to Cuba?

So Christmas is now only 23 days away. I haven't bought anything for anybody yet. I might go to sunridge mall and shop there. They have a charity organization wrapping presents for a donation. I hate wrapping presents, I usually try to buy and wrap everything in one fell swoop.

My mom decided to buy a fake tree this year. She said the cats will be less likely to attack and knock it down if it's fake.
I am 95% against it because my tradition since childhood has been the real tree. Having my mom yell at my dad to go buy one and make sure he doesn't pick out a crappy one like last year. She couldn't just go with him, that would make too much sense. Then my dad will eventually come home and the tree will sit in the yard for a week. Eventually my mom will get him to move it into the house, and that's when the real tradition begins.
The tree is usually too tall, and my dad will insist that they cut off the top. My mom will scream bloody murder and get him to cut off the bottom. He will want to cut too much and include the bottom branches. My mom will scream at him that he can't cut those ones off cause they are what makes the bottom of the tree look good. My dad will by then start cursing and screaming and then stomp downstairs. Some years he will have cut the bottom off by then, but other years I have had to do the honors.....
The rest is usually pretty easy. Lights, garland, decorations, tinsel, oh and don't forget to tie the tree up. The stands are usually not to be trusted :)

The fake tree was easy to stand up, however you have to pull down and open up all the branches which was a pain in the arse. The tree itself looks pretty good, my mom spent 400$ or more on it, she said she has been looking for the perfect fake tree for years now.

I guess fake trees are ok, they save a real tree (even though they mostly get cut down from tree farms), but then it doesn't need to be thrown out and go into the landfill or community compost.

No comments: